For those of you not in our private Facebook group called PRAYING THE STARKEYS TO HAITI (let us know if you’d like to be added), we thought from time to time we will share some of our PRAISES & PRAYER REQUESTS with you all via our blog as well. You will never know how much it means to us to know people are going to our awesome God on our behalf!
- Incase you missed the blog post from a bit ago, Isaac, our oldest son got saved at home the day before Good Friday. Praising God for all He is doing in Isaac’s life.
- We just celebrated 13 years of marriage on May 14th. We’ve been together since we were 15 years old!
- Tuesday the 22nd we celebrated Kiah’s graduation from preschool and April’s birthday.
- We are 26% raised in monthly support (that is the support we need to be at 100% before we can move to Haiti) and 35% raised for our moving costs (this is to help us move our whole family there and all the training etc and more) (At 65% we leave for cultural training, which is here in the states)
- We just had a successful fundraiser to help our moving costs. It brought in $2,279!
- The senior saints at our church invited us to their luncheon to share that they are going to start donating the left over money each month from their luncheon, to our Haiti fund! What a blessing!
- We spoke at a wonderful home church who were so encouraging to us, Bethel Baptist in Ashland, OH and our home church during the month of April/beginning of May!
- April’s mother had a TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack a.k.a Mini-Stroke) last week and April went to PA to be with her throughout the week. They found a large atheroma (plaque) on her ascending aorta and it cannot be taken out so we are praying for God’s healing over her and April’s mom is now on meds and a very strict diet to try and decrease the plaque.
- That God would use us in our journey of raising support, to be of an encouragement and blessing to others as we speak, grow our relationships and share our story. Pray that God will use us and we will be aware of moments and situations where the Holy Spirit is guiding us to do or say something. That we would be a blessing to all we meet and for courage and boldness to proclaim God’s love HERE and in Haiti.
- That through this, we would find the joy in each moment and part of it and hold onto that, as we are in the waiting process.
- The biggest thing we need prayer for is for more opportunities to speak and more monthly supporters! We know God is in all the details and so we trust Him knowing He knows exactly what He is doing and how He will raise up our funds to go!
- Continued health! We are both eating healthy and working hard at getting as healthy as we can before we move. We want to be in as good shape as we can before we move so that our bodies don’t hinder us from anything God has us do in Haiti.
- We each have a list of things on our agenda we need to get done in the next week or two. Including meeting with friends and family over coffee to share our hearts, trying to connect with more churches, sending out some packets, sending out thank you’s to our current monthly supporters creating, sending out our 3rd mailed newsletter out, making videos and more! Please pray for us to know which to do first, energy to do so and timing as we are balancing it all with normal day to day family/work things!
- We have just one more church speaking engagement on our calendar in July and the rest of our calendar is open for us to travel in Ohio or other states to share in churches. If you would like to have us come visit your church, small group, bible study group etc, we’d love to, please contact us with the info! We can share in as little as 10 minutes during the service or longer if you’d want us to!
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! In closing, we found an article that feels like it could have been written from our hearts. You can read it in just 1-2 minutes! READ HERE: What Missionaries Really Need While Support Raising